Sunday, February 22, 2009

The Quest to successfully breed

Feb 20th, 2009

I’m on a hunting adventure for someone who is knowledgeable about breeding Singapore Wood shrimp. I’ve had two of these little critters for a couple of years now and never saw any signs of breeding activity. I assumed I didn’t have a breeding pair, which was okay with me, because I know they’re not easy like the NeoCaridinas. But lo and behold last night there was a molting, and I noticed the shrimp was very, very red, more so than usual after a molting. As I was about to shut the lights down, I was hunting around for the carapace, and found that she was plump with eggs.

So, obviously I’m under some time constraint. But I can’t even find any information about how long they hold their eggs, let along any information about salinity levels or timing.

I have just read an excellent article about breeding Amanos, and emailed the author hoping for some info on Singapore Wood ship. The article is at http://caridina.japonica.online.fr/English/Elevage.htm. I need that article exactly -- only for Wood Shrimp!

No comments:

Post a Comment